Today I have been mostly...

Saturday, September 02, 2006

…thinking about revision.

OK – so that is either going to sound incredibly diligent, like I have spent the majority of the day planning, working out timetables, and so on; or it is going to sound like delaying tactics again. Why am I thinking about it and not doing it? Well, in my defence, it is barely 7 am. So, although revision has been on my mind, I haven’t yet had the chance to get started. And why am I writing this? Well, the CD I needed was in this computer, so I had to turn it on to retrieve it so I can listen to it on my personal CD player, so as not to wake everyone up.

Mind you – I wonder what people would think if I did have it on loud? Would they wake up and realise I was listening to a “how to revise” CD – or would they think the most patronising sounding man in the world had broken into the house to deliver a lecture! You really would be hard pushed to find a more condescending tone of voice. I don’t really have a problem with that, although I do think his advice to “enjoy” the exam is bizarre and unrealistic, to say the least. Who the hell “enjoys” exams? Have you ever heard anyone come out of an exam saying, “Oooh – I did enjoy that.” People say, “That was crap. I think I failed.” Mainly, I think, because they don’t want to say it went OK in case it sounds like boasting, or in case they really have failed. They would then look a prize prat when the result came out, as no doubt everyone would remember that they had thought they’d done OK.

When I came out of my exam last year, I just wanted to cry - but I was too numb; it was that diabolical. It was so awful that I very nearly walked out in the first 5 minutes. The only thing stopping me from walking out was the thought that I would have to retake the whole course if I scored 0, but if I could somehow get myself 17% I would be able to retake the exam (for free). The thought of wasting £500 is quite an incentive! I was very surprised - shocked in fact - when I discovered I had passed – I just hope the next one is not as traumatic!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters