Today I have been mostly...

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Considering hedgehogs and chickens…

According to a recent newspaper report, McDonalds are redesigning their McFlurry cartons, to make them more ‘hedgehog friendly’. Apparently, they get their heads stuck inside and, if not rescued, starve to death. Now, I don’t know about you, but I have seen more flat hedgehogs on the road, than I’ve seen hedgehogs wandering around the countryside with McFlurry cartons for hats. But, obviously it is a problem and they are apparently ‘making the cartons smaller’. Smaller than a hedgehog’s head? That is pretty small, isn’t it? Surely the problem would be solved if they just made them much, much wider than a hedgehog’s head, then they could eat their ice cream like the rest of us, and wander off down the road (probably to get flattened by a car because they can’t run very fast after eating all the ice-cream). You do have to wonder though, why they don’t use the spoon, or perhaps have the hot apple pie? Another thing I wondered, do they use the drive-thru?

In the same paper there was a wonderful story about the lady who had prepared a lovely meal of chicken wings for herself and her daughter, when suddenly she came across a chicken head! And she was complaining!! She was quite happy to eat the poor bird’s wings – but not its head. Why ever not? It was cooked. She could have left the beak. I don’t know why people are so surprised – it is a chicken part after all – it’s not like it was a frog, or a horseshoe. You also have to wonder as to how she had been just about to eat it before she noticed the unusual head shaped ‘wing’. Personally, when I’m cooking I look more closely at the food when arranging it on the baking tray or the plate, than when I have reached the eating stage. There was a picture in the paper. The expression on the chicken’s face was, I felt, more pissed off than that of the woman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters