Today I have been mostly...

Monday, February 19, 2007

Depressed...

I was OK when I got up – but an article in the paper this morning left me very much with a “why bother” feeling. It started quite well too – the reason I picked up the paper in the first place was the front page headline “Chocolate can save your life”. I just needed to know how much and how often (to be fair, the amount I eat, I’m hardly likely to be in danger!). But it is QUALITY that counts, and not QUANTITY – like so many other things in life, especially when (as this article was) written by a man! I should have stopped there, really – but I started glancing through a few more pages. An article on Tea Tree Oil making boys develop breasts, was surprising (and indeed worrying), a picture of a bald Britney was amusing (probably not to her the day after she did it), then BAM!!! Page 21. Our Future. A picture of how the world will end. The sun will run out of hydrogen, expand until it reaches the orbit of Mars – and in the process – “Goodbye Earth, been nice knowing you”. The sun will then fizzle out and shrink. It’s not going to happen for another 3 or 4 hundred million years, apparently (how exact!) so, the article claims, no need to panic, (yet). I’m not panicking – just feeling like “What’s the point?” Then I suppose the inevitable thought: “Will the Earth last that long – or will we have killed it off long before then?”

I need chocolate!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters