Today I have been mostly...

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Thinking about what I'm going to wear for the wedding...

With a little over 8 months to go, I've been considering what to wear in my forthcoming role as "The Groom's Mother". OK - I understand that it's not quite the prestigious role as "The Bride's Mother", but I still want to look nice - so that (a) I don't ruin the photos and (b) I don't let anyone down. And, at the moment, standing in the way of this is about five and a half stones worth of blubber. And, as I can only start a diet on a Monday - tomorrow is my D-Day! In theory, it ought to be possible, if I lose 2 lb a week - which is what is recommended anyway. I don't intend to follow any wacky diet either. I am going to do it the sensible way. I'm going to stop eating between meals. I'm going to have less food. I'm going to exercise more - however, I'm not starting the exercise just yet - I need to lose a stone before I do anything too strenuous.

From now on though, don't expect any amusing anecdotes concerning my family members. When I'm on a diet all I can think about is FOOD, GLORIOUS FOOD! This is likely to get extremely boring, and I can only apologise in advance.

I will say this though - usually, when the husband spots I'm on a diet, that's when he starts buying large multi-packs of chocolate bars, etc. I wonder how long it will take him to notice this time.

On the hair front - I think my hair is now a lot less orange than it was - and I probably won't try dyeing it red again - however I do think I achieved the 'cover up of the shite haircut' as no one has said to me "Your haircut is shite" - so at least that has worked. And I have 8 months to get my hair 'back to normal' and get a decent cut before the wedding. Anyway - I'm thinking of wearing something tasteful, but perhaps fairly bold in colour - something that will stand out a little, but not too much. I have to avoid green because the place where the photos will be taken is entirely green, and I don't wish to just look like a floating head - unless I don't lose the weight, in which case, it's an option! I am thinking a dress with a jacket, and one of those things on my head that isn't a hat - but I don't know what they are called. I think it begins with an F but the only thing I can think of is 'fornicator' and is seems unlikely that they are called that!

The husband seems to be planning to wear Mark's old suit which is (a) too long and (b) too tight. But apparently there is this woman in Welshpool who does alterations. He is going to get her to shorten the trousers, and as he said last week, "I'll get her to put a triangle of material in the back for me, because it doesn't matter if they go too big because I can always use a belt." So... no plans to get a new suit then! I guess it doesn't REALLY matter - I won't have to sit next to him!

(I think in order of importance, regarding outfits, etc. it's 1. The bride, 2. The bridesmaids, 3. The bride's mother, 4. The groom 5. Assorted other attendants, 6. The bride's father, 7. The groom's mother - because no one remembers what the groom's mother wears - but that is as it should be, then 8. The groom's father. I guess whether or not anyone remembers what the groom's father is wearing will largely depend on whatever material the old biddy in Welshpool uses to make the trousers larger - if it's something pink and floral I may well be upstaged!)

Oh - I've just found there is a spell-checker on this blog thing! That's useful - I wonder why I haven't spotted that before?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters