Today I have been mostly...

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Plagued...

Because of the wet - then warm - weather, (according to the paper, the news, and some old woman who always seems to be on the same bus as me), we are going to be plagued by pointless annoying creatures. Mosquitoes, Daddy-Long-Legs (what is the plural?) and, most annoying and pointless of them all, Vattus Manus Vacationii - this one will last for about three weeks.

So, day 1 then - and had I not had my hair cut yesterday, I'd be tearing it out already. He's been buzzing around all day like an annoying bluebottle - not settling anywhere long enough to be swatted with a giant newspaper.

Stupidly, I just happened to mention that I'd see some burgers in the Co-op yesterday - 2 packs for £3 - and he decided that he wanted to go and get some. So I then faced a grilling worse than the burgers will eventually get! Where in the shop are they? Which shelf? What are they near? What colour is the packet? Are they frozen? Are they called anything strange? How many in the packet? How many did we need? I could go on! Anyway - as he would be coming back past all the dandelions I didn't pick on my way home yesterday (in my quest to get home before anyone saw the hair) I thought he could take a bag and collect some for me - well not me - it's the Guinea pigs and rabbits that actually eat them!

I explained EXACTLY which bit of lane they were in. He left. I had an hour or so peace. He came back saying I was wrong. They were NOT 2 packs for £3. They were £2.98. I checked in the fridge, he had bought totally the wrong thing. Not only the wrong burgers, these only had 2 in the pack! As if that wasn't bad enough - his dandelion collecting bag was empty. Apparently I was wrong about that as well. There were NO dandelions in that bit of lane. He then volunteered to go and get some from the nearby field. I decided to go and get the ones I KNEW were in the lane! He wasn't happy because I was taking the discount card with me because I wanted some hair dye. I didn't think he needed it in a field!

So, I walked to the Co-op - and YES they did have the correct burgers - 2 for £3. I bought them, I then fought my way through the dandelion overgrown lane, filling a carrier bag in a matter of minutes. I did begin to calm down at this point - it's very calming picking dandelions. I can recommend it!!

When I eventually got home and showed him the burgers he claimed there was nothing like that half an hour previously when he had been there. "They must have just filled the shelf," he claimed.

Yeah - and the dandelions have only just grown!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters