Today I have been mostly...

Friday, August 31, 2007

...bored

In fact the whole of the summer holiday has been mainly tedious with the odd, extremely rare, highlight. I can't believe (once again) how fast the weeks go by - but the days themselves have been pretty dire! Today is the last day of the husband's stupidly long holiday. In the four weeks he has been off, we went out once - for half a day - with my parents - and it was a struggle to get him to agree to go then. Yet today, one phone-call from some someone in the office (who has such a manly voice that I am sure she said her name was "Manne") and it's on with his pink tee-shirt and off to the gay pub in town. Haven't seen him move so fast in ages! Or, indeed, ever, thinking about it. He is the type of person who, if he thought he would miss his bus by just walking normally, would just slow down so that it didn't look like he was intending to get that bus anyway, and try and arrive at the bus-stop when the next bus arrived - whereas I think most people who could, would speed up a little to save waiting 10 minutes.

Highlights have been (1) non-resident daughter getting the job of her dreams. (b) A very nice Mexican meal in Birmingham. (c) realising I started these points numerically and seem to have lapsed into alphabetically!! (d) A bizarre trip to London where I didn't actually set foot in the city - but saw a lot of the tube stations, had a nice meal in a pub after syringing Kate's temporarily deaf best friend's ears, and then hearing the most hilariously embarrassing story - which I am not going to repeat here because I can't tell it half as well as the person who told it - but it brightened up my week no end! (5) - (to revert back to numbering this list) - finishing my last essay for my current course (not counting the dreaded End of Course Assessment), and (e) going to the Cold War exhibition at Cosford. Oh and I have registered for my NEXT course - the one I will be doing AFTER the one I haven't actually started yet.

Lowlights - constantly having to watch MY programmes upstairs on the crappiest TV in the world. Constantly having to listen to the bloody racing channels in the background. Dyeing my hair orange after the crappy haircut. Reading the statement "...metaphor is a metaphor" (what?) And this morning - while writing, producing ot and ni instead of to and in - now I know I TYPE dyslexically all the time - but it's actually getting worse with my hand writing! Oh yes - and I think I have put the toilet seat and lid down EVERY time I have been upstairs.

I haven't read the three books I was going to read. I haven't watched the DVDs I was going to watch. I STILL haven't found "ultimate handbag" although I came close yesterday!

But I have started the diet - I have lost 5lbs. Not much I know - but it is a start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters