Today I have been mostly...

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

…scared – then mindlessly optimistic!

...Scared prior to 2.30 pm – especially when “Tom Tom” went into weird perpetual loop because you were not allowed to go down one particular road it wanted to use, but eventually it found another way round. Panic had set in at that point, but I arrived on time – in fact in enough time to go to the toilet 3 times – 2nd and 3rd time being completely unnecessary – but nerves had got to my empty bladder!

Can’t write about the exam questions as such – even though I haven’t said what course I am on – we weren’t allowed to bring the question paper out either. But anyway – I feel a glimmer of mindless optimism, purely because I felt it went better than last year’s exam (I felt I could write something for a start!) – however, I don’t think I was particularly coherent, I’m not sure all I wrote was relevant, I think I was a bit repetitive, and I know I got a few secondary source dates wrong. I don’t know if what I wrote was what they wanted – but I DO know that what I wrote was pretty much all I knew about things – so I couldn’t really have done any better – unless instead of revising for all the things that didn’t appear, I could have concentrated on the things they did ask about!! Oh well – nothing I can do about that, other than hope, and patiently wait, and hope a bit more, and then start waiting impatiently, then desperation will set in – and fingers crossed for at least 40% - then I can set fire to the books, dancing round them manically, and file away my TMAs so that in years to come I can look back over the tutors “helpful” comments and think “I wonder what the hell that says!!”

Fingers crossed next year for a tutor that can write clearly! What a bonus that would be after the totally unreadable scrawl produced by this year's tutor - OK he did warn us, and blamed it on being left handed, but when your writing is THAT bad I think you should type everything. Of course the main bonus will be never having to see “Stripy” and “Crunchy” at tutorials again!! I’ll miss my current tutor though – he was quite cute, in a quirky, teacher-y sort of way!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters