Today I have been mostly...

Friday, June 29, 2007

tearing my hair out!

OK - so here's the problem. Some bastard has buggered off with our bin. I didn't notice, but was aware of one randomly outside one of our neighbours houses. So, t'other half arrives at home last night, demanding to know what I've done with the bin! As I said, I didn't know it was missing, so he went back out to investigate, when I mentioned the one a few houses away... He arrived back - empty handed, saying that he can't see who that one belongs to because most people seem to have one.

(EXCEPT US!!)

So - I go out (if you want a job doing properly, you have to do it your self don't you?) Well, it was obvious it was NOT our bin, because ours has a bit missing where the lid is fixed to the bin - a sort of round thing that fell out (and I probably got the blame for). A quick look at who had one and who didn't revealed that it is possible this one belongs to some people who were out (unless they keep theirs in their garage) - so I took it. I then removed all the old "extra rubbish collection" labels off the lid, in case they came looking and recognised it. I went back in the house and told him what I'd done - then I thought it would probably be a good idea to put some stickers on with our house number, in case we have some sort of bin war.

As the husband is off work today, and he was going to the shop, I asked him to get some numbers. We used to have some, but he bought black ones and you couldn't see them - anyway, they fell off years ago - so I suggested white ones would be more visible (and useful).

So he came back with the numbers - he bought 2 black number 1s and 2 white number 2s - not the most useful combination for our house - number 12

What planet are they from?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters